Soft & Fluffy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
A delicious treat for the whole family!
Can easily be made gluten-free!
For the Dough:
- 3/4 cup warm coconut milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 flax egg (1tablespoon ground flax + 3tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
*For GF, use all-purpose gluten free flour.
For the filling:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the Frosting: (optional)
- 4oz vegan cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix your flax egg, set aside.
- Warm the milk. In the bowl of warm milk, sprinkle the yeast on top to activate.
- Add in sugar, flax egg, and oil. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in flour and salt, until dough begins to form. Then use your hands and knead the dough for 8-10 minutes on a well-floured surface.
- Transfer dough ball to a lightly-oiled bowl, cover with a wrap and a warm towel. Allow to rise for 1- 1.5 hours, or until doubled in size.
- After the dough has doubled in size, transfer to a well-floured surface and roll out into a 14×9 inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, and oil for filling. Gently rub the mixture evenly across the dough. Place raisins onto dough if desired.
- Tightly roll up, starting from the 9-inch side. Seal the edges of the dough the best you can, dipping fingers in water helps to seal.
- Cut into 1-inch sections with serrated knife.
- Place cinnamon rolls into a pan, and cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel, and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- After the final rise, bake cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes at 250’F. Until slightly golden on edges yet soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
To MAke The Frosting (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and fluffy (5-6 minutes).
- Spread over cinnamon rolls when cool and enjoy!