Vegan French Toast that is better than the original version!
My family loves this great recipe for French Toast, and it is full of benefits! It is incredibly healthy, full of delicious proteins, fibre, and vitamins! It’s easy to make it your own with adding a multitude of toppings and flavours!!
Lets get started!
Vegan Almond Butter French Toast
1 whole grain bread loaf, sliced thickly
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1/8 teaspoon clove
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 + 1/4 cup coconut milk
3 Tablespoons coconut flakes
2 Tablespoons ground flax
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- Blend all ingredients in a blender
- Place sliced bread onto a shallow tray
- Pour batter onto bread, and sufficiently coat both sides of the bread
- Poke holes into bread so batter can soak inside
- Marinate for 30 minutes
- Cook bread in a nonstick pan on medium heat for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown
- Garnish and enjoy!
I like to combine organic maple syrup and fresh fruit or berries for my perfect flavour combination!
Try with vegan whipped cream or cream cheese for a whole different experience!!!