Delicious Peanut Butter Cookies with a twist!
Easy to make, simple organic ingredients, can easily be made GF!
- 1 Flax Egg = 1 tablespoon Flax, 3 tablespoons Water. Mix together & let sit.
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 + 2/3 cup Unbleached Flour*
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Clove
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
*Replace with all purpose GF flour if desired
- Preheat oven to 350′
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil and sugar.
- Add the flax mixture and vanilla extract.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and spices in a separate bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients into wet until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball. Place it on cookie sheet 1.5″ apart.
- Gently press down the top with a fork.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of coconut flakes onto each cookie. Lightly press them into cookie.
- Bake cookies 8-9 minutes, until just beginning to turn golden. Let sit for 5 minutes.